- About Us
- News & Events
- Get Information
- Our Research
- MAPrc Clinics
- Treatment Trials
Participate in research
MAPrc researchers regularly seek people who have experience with mental illness, as well as those who do not, for participation in research projects and treatment trials.
See our Treatment Trials page for information about current projects requiring research participants and simply email or phone the contact person if you are interesting in finding out more about being a volunteer. What is involved in participation will depend on what the reseearch project is, but may include:
- Visiting MAPrc at our research centre based on Level 4, 607 St Kilda Road, Melbourne
- Having a researcher visit at hospital or home
- Completing questionnaires or participating in interviews by phone or face-to-face
- Researchers speaking with doctors or case managers
- Trying a new treatment, either instead of, or in addition to, current treatment. Treatments might be:
- Brain stimulation
- Hormone treatments
- Psychological therapies such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Please peruse our research page for more detailed information on each project.
Any personal information provided, and the record of participation, is treated as private health information and kept confidential.
All MAPrc studies have been approved, and are governed by, the Alfred Hospital Ethics Committee.
If you would like to out forward a general expression of interest in participating in any of our research projects please contact our centre on +61 (0)3 9076 6564 or email firstname.lastname@example.org