- About Us
- News & Events
- Get Information
- Our Research
- MAPrc Clinics
- Treatment Trials
MAPrc researchers regularly seek people who have experience with mental illness, as well as those who do not, for participation in research projects and treatment trials. See the drop-down menu above (under Treatment Trials) for details of current projects requiring research participants.
What is involved in participating will depend on the project, but it might involve one or more of the following:
- Visiting MAPrc at the Alfred Hospital
- Having a researcher visit at hospital or home
- Completing questionnaires or participating in interviews by phone or face-to-face
- Researchers speaking with doctors or case managers
- Trying a new treatment, either instead of, or in addition to, current treatment. Treatments might be:
- Brain stimulation
- Hormone treatments
- Psychological therapies such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).
Any personal information provided, and the record of participation, is treated as private health information and kept confidential.
All MAPrc studies have been approved, and are governed by, the Alfred Hospital Ethics Committee.
If you would like to out forward a general expression of interest in participating in any of our research projects, please contact our centre on +61 (0)3 9076 6564 or email email@example.com